"a free spirit" mocktail recipe
reducing alcohol consumption can bring about all sorts of amazing benefits in the body such as higher energy levels💃, reduced stress and anxiety💆, better quality of sleep😴 and more!
instead of reaching for a bottle, try this delicious mocktail recipe from jessica shelby (@freddiesdaughter) 😋🍹
- 1 bag of chamomile tea
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup (just slightly less)
- 5 mint leaves
- 6 slices of cucumber
- 1/2 tsp unpasteurized raspberry vinegar (available at trader joe's) or apple cider vinegar
- 1 dropper zadaka strawberry drops
- sparkling water
1. boil water, steep chamomile tea for 10 min.
2. place cucumber, mint, honey, lime juice, vinegar, steeped tea and 1 dropper of zadaka drops in a blender and blend until smooth
3. grab a cocktail glass and fill with ice
4. using a strainer, pour the blended mixture over ice
5. fill remainder of glass with sparkling water
6. garnish with a mint sprig and cucumber slice
chamomile: contains apigenin, an antioxidant that binds to certain receptors in your brain to promote relaxation and sleep.
mint: reduces inflammation in the body with its cooling properties, which promotes relaxation. said to be a natural sedative.
cbd: calms feelings of anxiety and depression and eliminates aches and pains.
follow jessica for more healthy recipes here 💗